Monday, January 9, 2012

Early Mornings= Long Days

I ran today. It was okay. For some reason, I feel like I should be in the same shape physically as I was before surgery. I did make it 1.3 miles, but this is not good.


Actually, it is. 


Hello, My name is Kelsey.
I am an archaeologist. 
And I have a problem. 
I am too hard on myself. 


I also thought it was a good idea to eat an entire box of candy. Probably, why I cramped during the run. New rule... NO SUGAR... that will last a day. Actually, this time I will be stronger. It will last a week. 


Tomorrow, I swim... at 6:15, any takers?


I am not saying this is the only time of the day to work out, but when you work and go to school, it is one of the best solutions. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I get up around 5:45, so I can be in the pool by 6:15. 


IT. SUCKS. 


I am sleepy. 


It is cold--the water and the outside, when you get in and when you get out. 


A one piece REALLY does not flatter my cellulite ridden thighs...


The whole day, I am exhausted because I spent an hour before normal people get up trying not to drown. 


Honestly, I like it though. There is nothing that can be compared to the peace in swimming. You cannot hear much of what is going on. The pool is consequently not crowded at 6:15. It is just me (and my friend Catie) and the water. Thinking.   (Not thinking stroke, stroke, stroke, breathe)... just thinking about how peaceful water is... I would not trade my hour of swimming before the sun gets up for anything. 


If you ever have wanted to experience something that will change your whole day. Try swimming. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment