Monday, August 15, 2011

Goal

Some of you know that it has been suggested to me that I become as serious athlete as a potential cure for my health problems. If you have been on this long journey with me, you know that no potential cure is guaranteed to work and no one person's body reacts to things the same way.
Here is the challenge:
To become a serious triathlete and complete an ironman triathlon within a year.
The first step was a sprint triathlon that was a 400m swim, a 12 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run.
The second step is an Olympic or international triathlon: 1.5km swim, 40km bike, and a 10km swim (.93/24.8/6.2mi). The goal is to do one of those by January 1st.
I have an ap for that.
No seriously. There is a training ap for this. I am going to use it.
This blog is my accountability. Don't judge. I am a poor graduate student who cannot afford a live, breathing, trainer. Maybe someday. However, you all are now my unofficial, unpaid, peanut gallery of trainers! Thanks.
Please subscribe, follow, and to all of you serious athletes out there... offer some encouragement. :)
The training starts next Wednesday.
In the mean time... I am doing another Sprint Tri in a week. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment